- Catholic Life and External Links
- Equality Objectives
- Financial Information
- Governing Body
- Meet our Staff
- Our Curriculum
- Our Curriculum Overview
- Religious Education
- Design & Technology
- Physical Education
- Our Vision
- PE and Sports Premium
- Pupil Premium
- School Lunches
- School offer for SEND
- School Policies
- Teaching and learning
- The School Day
PE and Sports Premium
What is the PE and Sport Premium?
The PE and Sport Premium is a fund provided by the Government specifically with the aim of improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
This funding is jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and sees money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding is ring-fenced and thus can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
All schools with 17 or more primary-aged pupils receive a lump sum of £16000 plus a premium of £10 per pupil. Smaller schools receive £1000 per pupil.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- providing places for pupils on after-school sport clubs
Please follow the link below for further details:
Number of Pupils and PE and Sport Grant (PSG) received 2020/2021 Financial Year (April 2020 – March 2021)
Total number of pupils on register (September 2020): 623 pupils (Years 1 to 6, Holy Cross Catholic Primary and Fulham Bilingual combined)
Total amount of funding received: £20,910
Please note, there is no swimming data for the most recent Year 6/CM2 cohort as they were not able to swim due to the Covid-19 restrictions and school closure.